Hello friends, in today’s article we see chapter 19 of the intelligent investor book. In this chapter, the author gives us the relation between shareholders and management. so let’s see chapter 19 of the intelligent investor book.
Shareholders and management:- Intelligent Investor: Chapter 19
When you make the investment, the most important part is management. If your management is wrong then they will lose your money. So if you want to good investment, then you have to check the management is honest with skillful.
Visit book summary website: Click here
How to Evaluate Management:
following are some pointers that help you to evaluate management
- Shareholders should realize that they are the owners of the company: The author says, so many people make investments but they don’t think, they are the owner of the company. And they have the right to fire any mismanagement. they will do anything that helps the company with management. (Intelligent Investor: Chapter 19)
- Two questions shareholders should ask: To get good management, shareholders must ask the following questions.
- Is management reasonably efficient?
- Are interests of average outside shareholders receiving proper recognitions?
Answering the above question you get the following answers
Ans(Q.1): to get the answer to these questions, you can get on the financial statement. Annual reports and you have to see the targets of the company. If the target is completed in previous years, and the company goes through that direction which is promises to investors. (Intelligent Investor: Chapter 19)
Ans(Q.2): To get the second question answers you have to read the Proxy statement. In this statement, you get the all information about the management and the company gives which type of recognition to management. So management is the core of investment and this part you have to check with your all knowledge and common sense.
So the author gives us some important points to analyzing annual reports and management, they are as follows.
While analyzing annual reports:
- Never dig so deep into the numbers that you check your common sense at the door: So many investors read the annual reports. And make the calculations on that process. they forget the main reason behind that calculation. They miss the common sense approach. (Intelligent Investor: Chapter 19)
- Always read proxy statements before and after you buy a stock: If you read the proxy statements you get the main information about the management and company contract. If your management only thinks about himself they get the benefit from the option, and they dump so many shares of the company. If they only think about building a big company, for this purpose they take the so much dept. so read the proxy statement before investment.
After this, the author said, ” stay away from the daddy-knows-best attitude.” In this case, the daddy is indicating to the management. so management is only working for you so you have all right about your company.
This is all about the shareholders and management of chapter 19 of the intelligent investor book.
Previous Chapter: Click here
Read More: One Up on Wall Street book
Read More: Common Stocks and Uncommon profits